Mosquitoes are arguably among, if not the most annoying insect on earth. A mosquito’s bite may and generally does hinder outdoor activities throughout the spring and summertime. I am not going to give you all the biology of mosquitoes, but what I will do is give you the wisdom and the tools you will need to control them.
1. Mechanical control is when you remove the mosquito’s origin of breeding. If there aren’t any areas for mosquito larvae to hatch and become adults, then you have just eliminated nearly all of the issue. Eliminate water after storms out of anything that can hold water. Repairing display doors, door sweeps, etc can also remove entry points to the home.
2. DEET is generally the most important component, but anything over 20 percent is a waste. Read the label carefully before purchasing. Lotions like Skin so tender, and assorted manufacturers of Citronella products such as Tiki torches and bucket candles are also highly common.
3. Dunks are a larvicide that kills the mosquito predators by preventing them from growing into adults and contaminating the creatures food origin (algae, bacteria etc). Some mosquito dunks are often very costly. Only utilize dunks in position stagnant water which does not go away. Please read the LABEL prior to applying, since it is not meant for big bodies of water.
4. Mosquito magnets (also called a mosquito trap) would be the Cadillac of all mosquito control methods. Mosquito magnets are propane operated and require using Octenol or Lurex (based on what kinds of mosquitoes have been in the region you reside). If you devote a whole lot of time outside, you need to seriously consider one of them.
5. Netting comes in a variety of gazebos, head pliers and various fashions for sleeping outside. Netting is fantastic, but again, treating the origin is always the ideal.
6. Mosquito zapper – This is the simple way out, but maybe not the ideal type of mosquito control. Even though it’s cool to listen to mosquitoes become electrocuted while enjoying a cold beverage, mosquitoes aren’t as susceptible to lights such as moths and other pests.
7. Mosquitoes are territorial, therefore fogging will kill adult mosquito populations extremely fast, but isn’t a long-term solution. Wind can be a factor, so if the wind speeds are over 3mph, fogging won’t be as powerful, in the end.
8. Mosquito Spray – Another control system is having a remaining pesticide to treat areas where mosquitoes may rest throughout the day. Under eaves, trees, bushes or some other dark shaded area in which it is cool and nice is the perfect place to take care of. Some sprays aren’t meant for plants since the compound could be phototoxic to crops.
9. Diet / Natural Garlic pills for individuals and brewers yeast for pets are getting increasingly more popular for men and women that are going Green. There are various shops online and locally which sell these goods.
If You live in an area where there is plenty of natural predators for mosquito’s like dragon flies, let nature do the work. You can always call for assistance from Animal Removal Vero Beach FL with your pest management difficulties.